Accessing the phpmyadmin on Dreamhost hosting is tough if the process is unknown. Many people are seen struggling over the matter, while the solution was actually below the nose. Accessing the phpmyadmin panel lets the users have control over their MySQL database and manage the website. But however, before accessing the database, it is better to be aware of the security concerns.
Accessing the MySQL database takes the database username and password. The username and password is a MySQL username and password, most probably the same as the Dreamhost hosting credentials. We recommend Dreamhost because of excellent service and cost effectives. Check out Dreamhost promotion codes from mydreamhostcoupon.com Dreamhost servers let the phyMyAdmin configurations use HTTP protocols, unless specified otherwise. So once the credentials are entered into the server, it is highly possible for other users using the same network to steal your credentials using the correct tools. If HTTPS is used as the protocol then this is less susceptible to happen.
This is how the phpMyAdmin panel could be accessed:
- Access to the Dreamhost control panel is required. This is the place where everything is managed. Enter the username and ID used during account sign up and log in.
- After this step is done, the user is redirected to the DreamHost Control Panel page. Now the phpMyAdmin is accessible; in fact, everything about the DreamHost hosting is manageable from this control panel.
- Right below the ‘Let’s Get Started’ line (bold, bigger font), there’s a button named ‘Databases’. Keep looking for it, very easy to find! Click on it for the next steps.
- There comes a new page that says MySQL Databases. Now, to proceed with MySQL management, it is required to go through the points mentioned in the MySQL Documentation in the DreamHost Wiki. There are a few declarations about the security and the instructions as well; without any illustration though.
- However, scroll down the page and there’s a button with a ‘+’ sign saying ‘Add New Hostname’. Right next to that, in the following row, there is a list of hostnames. The second column says ‘Web Administration’ and below there, ‘phpMyAdmin’ button is present for every hostname. Point your cursor and click on the one you wish to access.
- The database will ask for the username and password. Remember the security issue about HTTP and HTTPS.
- Once this step is properly done, you are now inside the MySQL database. The page being showed is the phpMyAdmin page.
Be aware of the delete button. Clicking on that even by accident could make the entire database be deleted and impossible to recover. All it would take is just an accidental click! So be very careful about it. If your expertise level is not up to the mark then it’s wise to not play around the options since all your hard work with the website could be destroyed within the blink of your eyes.
However, once you are in the database it is wise to bookmark the page, so that from the next time it is just one click away from accessing the phpMyAdmin page.
Hope the tutorial helped and saved a lot of time! Learn more about Dreamhost review and Discount codes. Happy blogging!